I've seen other blogs do this thing called Wordless Wednesday. All it entails is a wordless (or nearly wordless) post of something going on in our lives. Well...here is our first Wordless Wednesday. Enjoy!
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Friday, April 23, 2010
Look at this picture drawn by our own lil' Bethany:
What do you see?
Does it look like a blob of random colors aimlessly scribbled on the paper while she was waiting for her turkey dinner at Bandana's?
Or do you see more?
Like, perhaps, a heart (in purple) with eyes and a nose (all outlined in purple and filled in with orange) and a crocked sideways mouth (in light purple).
My jaw dropped to the ground when she says, "Look I draw a heart. Eye. Eye. Mouth. Nose."
Who knew that two-year-olds were capable of making such a detailed drawing of a Happy Heart!
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Whenever the kids need something, we are sure to go and buy it. During bath time, Owen's gotten in the habit of walking around the bathtub. He has an unsafe fascination with the faucet. I was concerned about Owen slipping and smashing his head on it.
Here was our second bet.
A cute blow-up cover with little frogs. Well, that didn't work either. Instead of buying anymore spout covers.
I decided to take matters in my own hands.
See, now Owen didn't care as much for the spout as usual. I typically can't get him away from it all.
Well, Owen did find his way back faucet. I was working on adjusting the towel a little, while at that I got distracted by a 2-year-old. As cruel irony has it, Owen slipped and hit his eye on the very faucet I was working so hard to protect him from. The one day I actually had a suitable cover on it, he still hurts himself!
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Owen turned 11 months old.
Here are some basic facts about our boy:
- He goes to bed around 6:30 every night and is woken up at 5:45 am. He goes to bed with a story, a cuddling, a prayer and then thumbtime with his blankie.
- The blankie of choice is a blankie made of the same material as thermal-undies. We only had one. We were worried. We searched high and low and finally found 2 more blankies of the same material. He loves his blankies for night-night time.
- When boogers are going down his face, he hates having his nose wiped. But, he loves his side rubbed--Loves IT!
- Diaper changes are a nightmare. Yup...It...Ain't...Happening...Without...A....FIGHT!!!!! I've learned to change diapers on an upside-down baby. Yeah, I am that talented.
- But, baths are AMAZING. He actually tries to climb into the tub. Once in the tub, he won't sit down anymore. That makes me nervous. I can't wait until we are over that stage.
- He loves his sister's kitchen. And taking toys out of the toy box--one--at--a--time. Opening and closing the toy box repeatedly is also a pretty amusing pastime.
- Owen cruises. A lot.
- He falls. Occasionally. He's got a black eyelid currently. Ouch!
- He gets pushed down a lot by his sister. He doesn't care, though. He'll cry, get back up and let it be known that he's not a going anywhere.
- He was a picky baby-food-eater, turning down foods semi-often.
- He hasn't turned down any table food so far. There are some favorites over others (ahem, pizza). But he is great at trying new foods, even motivating Bethany to be more adventurous!
- He is a shy guy. Doesn't smile for strangers. Doesn't always go to other family members. He loves his Mama and Daddy!
- He knows what the word "No" means. Just doesn't always obey.
- He can say 3 words. Mama--his first word, Dada and Ab-ba (All done).
- He knows how to wave, blow kisses, and I think 2 signs. But he won't do them when you want him to. No matter how much you prompt him and look like a fool. This kid will do it on his time only!
- He loves to be chased. While you are crawling. He will run(crawl) away. Pause. Look at you with a sheepish, yet daring smile. Then he'll start crawling away again. He's too cute!
- He loves, I mean, LOVES to play peek-a-boo. LOVES IT! Just cover him with a blankie and watch the fun times begin.
- When Owen laughs, it is a deep, hardy laugh that stems from the very tippy-bottom of his toes. I LOVE HIS LAUGH! It is one of the bestest laughs out there!
You know...like holding signs with your age on it.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Monday, April 5, 2010
Do you give gifts of chocolate bunnies, peeps, Bibles and stuffed animals?
Do you just tell her to cuddle her Daddy for a quick photo?
Perhaps the meaning of Easter can be made clear by giving her a basket and...
have her search high and...
low for the eggs that resting in the foliage all around?
Do you just give her lil' brother eggs to roll about?