Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Now & Then

Now:

This is after our bike ride today. We were both a little hot & tired. She didn't want anything to do with her sippy cup. She took great interest into my water bottle. Those bike rides are pretty tough when we go up hills. But pulling her doesn't really seem like that much more work.




Then:

There Bethany was one year ago today. I was 2 days away from our delivery (unbeknownst to me). Two of the three due dates the doctor gave me had sadly passed. I was doing all the tricks I've heard to get this baby out!!!!
It is pretty amazing if you think about it. We didn't know a thing about little Bethany. We didn't know if she was she or he. We still were working out the names. We didn't know she was going to spend all her time in the special care nursery & spend extra days in the hospital. We didn't know she was so allergic to cows milk & all dairy. But most of all...We didn't realize how much a baby would bless & enrich our lives. We are truly honored to be Bethany's parents. I have cherished every one of these 364 days that have passed thus far!

1 comments:

Abbie said...

What an amazing year for the Milles!