Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

2 Weeks

Lil' Owen has 2 more weeks until his poor lil' skull goes Snap, Crackle, and Pop.  

It seems that so many of our conversations go, "After Owen's surgery" or "Once Owen is back to normal...".  We (really, not so much Cory...just me) are super anxious to get his surgery here and done already.  We know he is in great hands with the best pediatric craniofacial plastic surgeon and neurosurgeon around.  However, I am beginning to feel nervous and just needing to get the show on the road.  I am not one for not knowing what our future holds.  So when I think of 2 weeks from today...all I know is Poor Owen is going to be post-op, in the ICU, and bandaged with his eyes swollen shut.  I am hoping and praying that he will be in good spirits, calm and pain-free.  

So...that's it.  Two more weeks until the reconstruction day.  Then the 3-7 days at the hospital.  Then things should be several steps closer to being "normal."  But as time grows closer to the surgery & I can't help but to grow more worrisome. In times of worry I try to remind myself of Luke 12:25 which several years ago when I was worried about something Cory gently placed in my heart.  

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

So I continue to struggle with the fruitlessness of my worries and anxiety.  I know, all I can do is pray, trust in the Lord and follow the doctors' orders.  After all Philippians 4:6 says.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God

0 comments: