- Owen is out of the ICU
- He still can see out of one eye.
- I got to hold him, a lot.
- He is down to three tubes: the IV, the skull drain, &\; the thingy in case he needs a 3rd blood transfusion.
- He lost his glowy ET-phones-home light and now can suck his thumb.
- He got to see both sets of grandparents, his sister and his dada.
- He was able to drink apple juice
- Dr. S the neurosurgeon says Owen is "over the hump".
- He gets to sleep on his belly...his favorite position.
- He got two gigantic helium balloons to stare at.
- Blues Clues and Backyardagins did a great job of keeping our Bitty Babies attention off the issues in his life and on some happier, more colorful times.
- We have amazingly supportive family and friends. Friends who pressure me to take care of myself and friends who don't mind my wishy-washiness w/ what to do with Bethany.
- God is Good and is already delivering answers to prayers.
- Tuesday night was a rough night. That rough night rolled right into a rough Wednesday morning. He was in a lot of pain and cried A LOT. There were a couple of times he was inconsolable.
- His left eye is officially swollen shut & it ticked him off.
- His blood cell count was low Wednesday morning, so he had his 2nd blood transfusion at 5:30 Wednesday.
- The bit of apple juice he did drink, he throw up an hour later--all over me.
- He refused to drink anything else the rest of the day.
- I was able to get about 1 or 2 hours of sleep last night. So that is why this post may not be the most eloquent or intelligent sounding.
- The black eye of our baby boy frustrated him quite a bit this morning, when he first realized he had it. It has also since gotten worse.
- His pretty face will continue to swell through the night and be worse tomorrow. I pray that his right eye remains fine and he will have the ability to open it. How frustrating would it be not to open your eyes. No Fun.